PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR pilots, please share your thoughts/ experience
Old 25th Sep 2023, 19:30
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A320LGW
It would be difficult for them to do that because the vast majority of the European zero hour crews don't have the right to work in the UK. I presume you're referring to Buzz crew because the only other zero hour pilots are contractors (fixed and floaters), and they are not cheap for the company.

Also, the buzz crews aren't able to operate the G or EI reg aircraft whilst simultaneously operating SP reg. There's a sim between each time they transfer reg. The floating guys can operate EI reg but again, they are very expensive and recently got a payrise so it won't serve the alleged intended purpose.

you obviously more informed than me, it was just that I was part of a conversation and was listening as I didn't have anything to input. My impression was that the aircrew wouldn't be resident but just coming in to operate their airframes which I believe would be the on the European register so it's a bit of a mess for me to understand the various legal issues. It was really to post to see if anyone had comments. Thanks for your insight.