PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2023, 23:27
Red69

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by farrari
Let me say this, if we had Airlines that were well run as a business and smart Pilot unions , ie both doing their job AS we do as Pilots day in day out, THEN what I am asking for above would be unlike what our VA CP just said “ mouth watering “ possible and fair.
Hopefully like most of us I want VA to make money and be profitable, I want our staff to enjoy their work , be proud of the company they work for and feel good / rewarded within themselves day to day at work.
There are many companies that do exactly this , Bain under J is not one of them hence just about everyone at VA is unhappy , disengaged and holds no respect for J. So is that good business.!.
Hell some businesses now have parental leave for dog owners in their EBA, good luck VA staff.
Oh not to mention that some Australian unions are bargaining for a 4 day week at the SAME pay. That’s 12 days off per roster, with no weekend work and all public holidays off, makes our rosters look like crap.
We are left behind now and the future looks even worse .
You’re bang on! Why would anyone want to join this industry now when you can work elsewhere with 4 day weeks, WFH, weekends/public holidays off and be able to manage your personal/family life. Additionally, you wouldn’t have to put up with management that have contempt for their workers as well as 6 monthly checks by austronauts.

Being a pilot was once a highly respected and highly paid profession. It’s now become a joke. There are many more industries out there that offer much better pay and lifestyle. The lifestyle is inexistent for the many commuters at VA.

A lot of companies knows how to treat their staff right. Look at BHP, RIO, EY, KPMG and have a look at their paternity leave. Generally upwards of 20 weeks. Then look at what we have.

Our agreement is a joke and continues to go backwards. Good luck to VA with retaining experienced crew if a rubbish agreement is voted in. It’s time for crew to stand up and vote for what we’re worth!
The following users liked this post: