PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are airlines still employing grads from smaller schools?
Old 10th Sep 2023, 12:19
Zembla82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
What makes you think modular is slower? It's actually the fastest way to get licenced.
If brand is what you care about - (you shouldn't) - you could get PPL, Night, IMC, CBIR and MEP at a regular school then do short courses (15 hour CPL and 5 hour MEIR) at a big name school.
I don't mean to suggest modular is always slower. I've read through lots of the forum trying to gather knowledge and build an accurate picture of an industry that I currently have no first hand knowledge of. Wannabies in my situation (bit older) are often advised to keep working and do modular over a longer period. This is something I'd prefer to avoid.

The question in my mind is around employment prospects. Let's say I work my ass off and do well - whether modular or integrated. Are there strong employment opportunities for those with a fATPL from smaller schools? Trying to build a picture of the landscape. I see job ads posted where, in theory, I could reach interview. But there's also voices saying it's the big schools that are filling these posts in reality. Any insights are much appreciated. Thanks folks.