PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2023, 09:11
farrari

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Some one asked me what I thought we should be asking for in the new EBA.
Ok here is the main things we should have as professional Airline Pilots in todays world .
And yes this is not all , but the main items.
Our base pay for 60 hrs flying per roster , back to what it was before the current EBA plus 40%
The pay above graded on years of service, from 2 to 30years . ie each year of service you receive 1 to 15 percent graded annual bonus. There always should be a reward for “ Skin in the Game”.
The maximum flying hrs before any OT 60 hrs per roster.
All duty over and above flying time paid at 75 % of the time at the hourly flight rate.
14 days per roster off
Min rest needs to be 16.5 hrs. From sign off to sign on.That one is very important for Pilots health and wellness.
A 2 or 3 year EBA with 4% annual wage increase.
Stand by, paid for actual stand by hrs or hrs of flying called out plus stand by hrs up to call out.
Firm seat for commuters.
A paid day for medicals and cost covered by company.
Some thing more for those with caring responsibilities.
And protections for Sydney pilots re the new Airport at Badgeerys Creek.

Given the current union is totally inept and lost the reality of what Airline pilots should be paid and what conditions they should work under and many VA pilots have demonstrated their inability to stand up to the company, I expect 3% and one less day per roster is the offer.
The other mob may make some noise but they represent truck drivers, who themselves work bloody hard for their wages. I cannot see unfortunately any gain there.

Last edited by farrari; 12th Sep 2023 at 04:44.