PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are airlines still employing grads from smaller schools?
Old 7th Sep 2023, 10:34
Zembla82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Are airlines still employing grads from smaller schools?

Hi everyone.

I'm close to embarking on the start of ATPL training. Most likely an Integrated course at a smaller school in Greece with a good reputation, Global Aviation. I live in the UK but the courses here are outwith my budget. I also have family/accommodation in Greece and being there works for a host of reasons.

I'm aware of the issues around gaining an EASA licence while being a UK passport holder. My main concern just now is whether airlines are looking at candidates from the smaller (less expensive) schools or prioritising brand school grads. Does anyone have experiences; what type of training background are you pilots seeing coming into your airlines?

An alternative is to do the integrated course at the cheaper school and do the MCC and A-UPRT course at a better known school - e.g Airline Flight Academy for the Ryanair mentored programme or L3 Harris, thus gaining a brand school on the CV.

I'm early forties so slower pathways via the modular route are probably not ideal. Any input would be much appreciated and thanks for your time and thoughts.