PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T8 full pay or no pay
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2023, 22:56
corporal klinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pickuptruck
Jesus, the undying belief in CX being the greatest employer ever never ceases to amaze me. Stockholm syndrome much.

https://jobs.flightglobal.com

Click on your fleet. click on jobs, click on your email. Bingo.

In general, widebody CN ia around $19-23k a month USD tax paid. Positioned back to your home port. If you can understand you're there to do the job their way you'll get along just fine.
I was asking a question about numbers, how can that possibly be a sign of Stockholm? And I am the last person on the planet that would claim CX is the greatest employer. Which is probably the reason I never did.

What I did was checking those numbers myself by the way, and your statement is incorrect. We are of course not the "lowest paid wide body operator in Asia", far from it. Taiwan, Singapore, India, just to name a few out of many pay less. Actually, just look at the local competition in HK.

Now, to your claim there are contracts out there paying 19-23 after tax.

Let's for a moment forget the obvious, like no job security, less annual leave, cultural issues with local crew, maybe 5 or 10 sick days a year, long commute, jet lag in off days, Xiamen or Guangzhou for 20-30 days, many month of training on reduced pay, medical license issues, schooling ,pension or additional tax issues at your home. For the sake of your argument, let's put all that aside. What contract are you talking about?

Last edited by corporal klinger; 7th Sep 2023 at 10:20.