PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.K. NATS Systems Failure
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2023, 12:03
eglnyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SATCO
Sorry, I meant FPRSRA, not NAS... but I make no apology for the latter being a menace to this day!

And the report is indeed not terribly clear, I couldn't work out whether it was looking FORWARDS from the last known or looking BACKWARDS towards it, thus my question about 'doubling-back.' Easy to see therefore if it was reading forwards how it might find something and then realise upon finding it that it had already found it once before, in this case at the start of route. Still not sure how it would impact unaffected sectors so broadly on the basis of a single aspect in a single flight plan.
FPRSA stopped, it seems to have been designed to do so when it found something like this. That meant the UK effectively stopped receiving IFR Flight Plans, all of them regardless of the planned routing within the UK. No problem initially as the downstream systems have a buffer. As that buffer came close to depletion and with no fix in sight flow was imposed to limit the number of incoming flights to the UK to that number which could be manually created beyond FPRSA.