PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mental Health - We Need to Talk
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2023, 11:18
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
This a a strange one, my neighbour who is deaf tried to take his life a week or so ago, I didn’t know he was having problems and I only found out when I enquired next door at the local shop why his door had been boarded up. He is a nice guy, getting on and always said hello and when passing I would always pop his bin back in if it was left out.

Apparently he had tried once before and called his sister who called an ambulance, this time he never called anyone and the visiting nurse could not gain access so called the police and ambulance, he survived and is in hospital.

From what I have learnt, his sight has failed him as well as more or less losing his voice, so he is living on his own deaf, blind and more or less dumb, hasn’t been out for months and only sees the nurse daily and the odd visit from his sister.

The poor guy needs to be in a place of care where he will be looked after and have some company, no wonder he attempted to end it all, and I feel bad that I was unaware of his predicament as I would have made an effort to see him after work etc.