PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline Pilot: Respected Profession or 'Noose around your Neck'
Old 26th Aug 2023, 01:51
Lapon

Received 113 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by RealSatoshi
Step 1 determined = Progress

The 'Must Be Concluded' part could be a mere Statement of Intent to indicate to the company that if, after 6 Months of sitting around the table, if no agreement has been reached the chances of it being resolved in the near future has been significantly diminished and therefore this becomes a trigger point at which further actions will be considered - It is a proverbial line in the sand.

If for example, Sunstate Airlines could get to a PIA vote with at best only a couple of weeks at the table, then surely a Statement of Intent that speaks to the expectations of the process could not simply be brushed off as merely impossible...In 2023 we can't just blindly accept these outdated Shipyard tactics.

Next time you take a flight, try telling QF you'll pay six months after the fact...and that you'll decide then how much the flight was worth to you
I'd say the most effective method to cover the 'must be concluded by' clause could be a 'on expiry all payment scales shall be increased annually by cpi+x'.

I think Air North did/do have that clause, and I think it was NJS (or one of the QF subsidiaries) that has/had the start negotiations prior to expiry clause at some point.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lapon: