PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR pilots, please share your thoughts/ experience
Old 24th Aug 2023, 21:20
Whitemonk Returns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
Sorry a797 isn’t that out of touch.

I moved on from them less than a year ago.
The only 2 positives at RYR are the 5/4 and quick command. Maybe a third they aren’t disappearing anytime soon.

As an FO I was on some Blue contact or something. Worth nothing. Tried to remortgage with the contract and the underwriters laughed us out of the bank. Even though it said permanent it also stated until 2025 with no guarantee of continuing. No guarantee on this that and the other.
3 bases I asked for. Didn’t get offered any. Sent to a base that was “struggling” yet I had so much standby. I did move pretty quickly but only because I had UK licence. Of my course and the 2 before not many got the base they asked for until RYR started making a massive effort to get people to where they wanted to be. I mean I even knew a guy at the base I wanted to be and he wanted to be at my base.

Went into discretion twice in 1 5 day block. More discretion in a month than in the previous 6 years of flying at another airline.

CC collapsed on sector 3. Had crewing calling us up screaming at us to GET THE PASSENGERS ON NOW. YOU NEED TO BE AIRBORNE ASAP. Didn’t even ask about the CC.

2 guys from my intake got properly shafted. 1 wanted time of for the birth of his child. He so wanted the job so accepted any base which wasn’t ideal. RYR said no.

Another guy was due a base transfer. He got another job a week before he was meant to transfer. Gave RYR 3 months notice. Day before transfer terminated his contract with immediate effect. Can’t remember the base he was at but apparently legal.

Heard of one guy who’s dad was terminal. All he asked for was to be as close as possible. 3 bases easily where he needed to be. Yes yes……. Denied. Sent to arse end of nowhere.

Captain I flew with had 5 long days. Having a chat with him he said he was expecting this week as 2 weeks previous they asked him to do 2 extra sectors which he said no to. He noticed his roster went blank that week and changed to those long days. He’s been at RYR for 25 years and said yeah that’s what they do.

Met a captain when I was positioning over to do a SIM. Thought he might have been my SIM partner. “No I got to go to Dublin because I haven’t been flying cost index”

I could go on and on.

Like I said 5/4 is very good. Fast command. That’s it in my books.
Wow, I knew It was bad but that is eye opening, thanks for posting, we need more of this stuff, in all airlines by the way not just about RYR.

And Mach Number, your right, i did, but sadly age is catching up to the equipment and i am having to move onto something new, but what a time it's been!