PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR pilots, please share your thoughts/ experience
Old 24th Aug 2023, 16:37
a797

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm ex Ryanair, cadet to captain, left quite a while ago before the unions got in. Horrible company to work for, I can't speak for how it is now but back then you went to dublin for tea and biscuits if you didn't use discretion. They used to tell us that it was impossible to be fatigued, something about nasa scientists analysing Ryanair rosters or some BS. There was no base transfer lists and they used to not give people their preferences on purpose, to have a carrot to dangle and try to stop unionisation, which they were successful at for around 30 years before it finally happened. I could go on and on.

That they literally broke the airline up into 5 or 6 different AOC's to limit the effectiveness of the unions tell you everything you need to know. As I said I left a long time ago so while things might be slightly better than when I was there, it's still the same bunch of oppressive snakes running the organisation.

I suspect the posters who are defending the company probably joined as cadets and never left and are convincing themselves it isn't that bad. Well it is that bad, there are far better employers and jobs out there.

Ryanair is fine as a stepping stone, particularly for cadets or people who are coming for an EU visa. As a long term career its a pile of ****.