PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR pilots, please share your thoughts/ experience
Old 23rd Aug 2023, 21:48
Broomstick Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi chaps,

Thanks to RenanZ for starting the thread, currently I find myself in the position of doing the paperwork to join the company. I attended one of the SA road shows and alas, was selected for the assessment and passed. Due to visa and other requirements, I am looking for another 30 days to be ready to give the final word to them so they can organise courses etc. Progression in my current gig is stalled and local conditions (politics/economy) aren't looking bright either, hence the decision to leave.

During my assessment, I was asked to select the bases, and my last option was STN and EDI was the first. Realistically, what are my chances to get the EDI base right from the start? What are the most sought-after bases in the UK?

Another thing that I forgot to ask during the assessment was if they have reserve duty, i.e., you stay at the airport fully dressed ready to go, or only home standby. Also, in general, how many stand-by/reserve days do you have on an usual roster?

Great discussion

Cheers
BF

PS. What do you mean by dual licence? UK CAA and EASA?