PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR pilots, please share your thoughts/ experience
Old 23rd Aug 2023, 20:57
Say Mach Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a small ditty that might be useful for our thread starter.

I get contacted by a UK biz jet mate who I hadn't seen or heard from for years asking about joining Ryanair and all the usual questions.

I say why now (roster mainly) and he says he was renewing his Class 1 medical and mentioned in the usual AME chit chat he was toying with the idea of Ryanair. The AME to his surprise says the happiest / most content (can't remember the exact words he used) pilots he sees in his office are the Ryanair pilots.

What can I say, to add my bit, moneys ok, roster excellent, grief factor minimal, take as much fuel as I want. Yes I want more time off and more money who doesn't but its what you sacrifice to get it. If your a FO Ryanair is an FOs airline, low gradient, positive approach to training and checking, encouraged to engage and speak up, great first start or command in quick time subject to experience and command course not designed for astronauts unlike some places I hear about.

Hope that helps.

SMN