PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR pilots, please share your thoughts/ experience
Old 23rd Aug 2023, 11:02
Moonraker4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by antonov09
​​​​​

I would sooner be here than joining a 🤡 like you at a dump
like Jet2. (Enough feedback from respected ex colleagues and a damning BALPA member feedback document allows me to comfortably arrive at that conclusion)

Some SUBSTANCE for the original poster :

Most DEFOs require 2 years to reach the standard for Command.

UK Captains - 122k fixed and about 8k flight pay
UK SFOs - 67k fixed and about 7-8k flight pay
Proper staff travel (that you can actually use) 6 confirmed , unlimited standby , unlimited jumpseat.
SFIs - circa 100k
LTCs About 140ish all in
TREs and BCs(depending on base size) 168 - 175 plus

5-4 for line guys and weekends off for other roles.
You can refuse discretion till your little heart bleeds- nothing happens.

Commands are done on ability and merit, not based on who your mate is and what type of fast jet you may have flown- same applies to training roles. If you reach the standard you will pass. If you don’t you will fail and be provided with feedback as to where you went wrong, and what you need to work on. You will then go under the umbrella of one of the best, if not the best training departments in aviation.

It’s not perfect and it could be better, but unionisation has brought it on leaps and bounds.
Sorry there’s no such thing as ‘SFO’ in RYR so I assume you mean FO, anyway neither that’s here nor there, how did arrive at a figure of 67K fixed for this rank??? What breakdown are you using? If you’re including the allowance of pension in fixed pay (like RYR do) then let’s get real here shall we.

LTCs are leaving to go to J2 and take a pay INCREASE as normal like skippers flying near half the amount and dealing with far less crap than used to.

As for your TRE/BC scale, again, way off. Not even close actually.