PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 23rd Aug 2023, 08:43
Comanche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I applied for EB2 NIW (self petition) and had a RFE stating that although I had easily met EB criteria, I had not proved the three prongs of the NIW, particularly how to show that one’s own endeavours (not the aviation industry as a whole) are in the national interest. Have a Masters in Economics (aviation management), captain over 19 years 14k hours all jet (Boeing/Airbus), Airbus TRI 9+ years and had a letter of recommendation from head of training Airbus (friend of mine). I considered hiring Harvey Law Group lawyer (12k cost USD) after RFE request but ultimately withdrew my application as looking at the US airlines terms and conditions, despite the recent salary raises, it's just not worth it to me to make the move, especially at 50+ years starting as a junior pilot again. If you are 30-35 years old and are willing to put up with being junior and all its drawbacks (low starting salaries, potential commuting, terrible bid lines, little vacation, demotion to F/O etc etc) go for it. It all depends on which USCIS officer received your file, so you also need some luck. Age may have been a consideration, although the Harvey laywer mentioned that she recognized the USCIS officer ID nr and he had a reputation for being difficult.

Last edited by Comanche; 23rd Aug 2023 at 08:51. Reason: added one phrase at end