PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation PIA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2023, 01:59
onezeroonethree

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by No upgrade
… and agree to my new colleagues getting 25% less pay to do my same job. Nice.

At least mainline pilots are consistent over the last two decades. The root cause of gifting QF the JQ, JC, NJS, NWK pilot pay scales to the Australian pilot profession. Never opposed the opportunity to sign off on a short sighted, self indulgent 3% payrise or cash bonus token.

Now they are bewildered why their group is shrinking, and preaching to pilots over a situation that they themselves created for us all. Pathetic.
Read over previous posts in the QF recruitment thread. This has been answered. The LH EBA was signed just as covid hit. They secured a new fleet that was blatantly threatened to be given to another new entity. With covid on the horizon in March 2020 which is when I believe the vote went through then I'd say they did the right thing as one rumour circulating was that AJ demanded to Tino to pull the EBA off them when Covid was on the horizon and lower the conditions further. Word has he refused and that's why he was asked to leave.

And before anyone shoots this down then I'd love to be quoted how many other big wigs at the top in Sydney left the company in 2020 to "save the company money" etc.