PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation PIA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2023, 06:42
Lapon

Received 113 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
All the A321’s and a dare say a fair chunk of the A220’s will be going to mainline. Don’t believe it? When the company can’t get pilots to fly them at the subsidiaries, do you think they’re just going to accept their shiny new metal just sitting around parked up?
I hope you're right, at least the existing 29 A220s and 20 321s have already been 'allocated' to the intended AOCs.

Unfortunately I can't see the crewing issues even being a contributing factor to where any more orders go to.
I'd say DECs, a heap of cadets, and dare I say it - mainline pilots parachuted in on secondment (cough JQ and EFA?) will keep the subsidiaries going until the next global calamity.
I've read somewhere in the public domain about orders for the 220 being able to be pushed back if required.

But to the point of the thread goodluck to NAA. Remember plenty of these guys joined a sleepy little charter mob to happily ply the Pilbara on weekday returns and thier old EBA probably reflects thier needs of those days gone.
A good number of them didn't want any RPT flying anymore than they wanted to join the white hat brigade in the first place.
Remember that for anyone inclined to call someone a 'bin chicken'.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lapon: