PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets fly for Vistajet?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2023, 21:28
Thioda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATOguy
I have no time for VJ as an employer, they are in the same category as Ryanair and I would never consider working for them. But you don’t do your argument any favours by coming out with nonsense like this.
You are not training and travelling on your days off. Those are work days as per your contract, and if you add up the number of days you work in a year on this arrangement it is less than the number worked by someone with a full time job. Which makes it hard for people with a full time job to sympathise.
What argument? Because it is a fact.
I have ex colleagues who work at Vista and ex Vista employees who are at my current company.
Both confirmed that it does happen at Vista, positioning in your off days at times (and you are expected to say yes) and definitely the training in your off days.
Let’s not even go into the creative FTL situation….

I don’t give a rats ass what “a full time employee” thinks.
This is not about sympathy. It’s about cold facts, affecting safety and affecting honest competition.
Work days alone don’t define full time. Time away from home, as others above very accurately wrote, is just as important a factor in work.