PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation PIA
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2023, 13:14
soseg

Received 351 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Lapon
Wrong. Mainline never 'owned' any RPT routes that Network now operate remember.

For someone who was still studying CPL exams in 2008 (a "smarter" way in sitting CPL/ATPLs ?) its even richer to imply an entitlement to such, or indeed labelling NAA crews as bin chickens while simply inheriting your own SH T&Cs from your forebearers rather than your own championing.

Goodluck to NAA guys/girls anyway
No, nobody “owns” a route but NAA was set up to service the resource sector primarily with charter ops for mining clients.

Perth Darwin is now a Netlink airbus.
Perth Broome same story.
Rumours of Adelaide and Hobart potentially going.

So tell me where does this stop? The company argues right aircraft right route. The bus and maggot are pretty damn similar. Then they argue that J class doesn’t sell anyway on these routes, when last year they increased Perth Hobart services as they wanted more J class on that route due to premium demand.
The Darwin and Broomes aren’t full. So you fill 140 economy seats out of 162 on the 737 or 140 economy on the a320 which I think has 180 total. What’s the difference? It’s the wages.

Mainline has the airbus 320 family on their EBA now. They could give a few of them to mainline right now instead of Network and keep them all economy to satisfy that lie about no demand for J class.

So why don’t they?

They claim the planes aren’t utilised much so they go to Network then literally, and I’m not making this up, five minutes later claim Network planes aren’t utilised enough between charters so that’s why they’ve gotten the ex-mainline RPTs.

Hundreds on hold with mainline. It’s the job almost everyone wants. It would sure help fix the lack of progression at mainline all thanks to management slowly carving everything up to poorly paid subsidiaries. Hell, it might even begin attracting people to SH if they see a stronger future there, instead people are turning it down happy to wait for an SO slot as there’s no glamour in SH.

So tell me where this is meant to end? Maybe when Netlink are running a320s between Melbourne and Sydney?
Those coming in for the 7 hours of log book time for a juicy Darwin return for $360 to save the day sure aren’t helping anyone.

Stop helping the company. Do the minimum and let them struggle. Then maybe they’ll really have no choice but to consider raising conditions when nobody answers their phone.

And no, not an entitlement just because 15 years ago I was still studying. I’ve had the older generation tell me over the years what it took to get the wins we all enjoy now especially on the LH EBA. I have thirty years left in this game as do my friends and colleagues. So excuse me for getting a little annoyed when all I’ve seen in my short time in the group is a continuous erosion of everything and expansion only in the subsidiaries.

Really makes you want to bang your head against a wall when you hear that until recently a large portion of Network pilots weren’t part of a union.

The following 2 users liked this post by soseg: