PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets fly for Vistajet?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2023, 22:47
camel toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Yep. Crew do get asked to go a day or two early. I’ve done it a few times recently as I fancied proceeding far away to operate in a new area. Both times I got home a day early. You make it sound like we have too - we don’t. It’s a request.

2) deffo get paid the extra days. I get my visas done and submit expenses on time - it’s not difficult.

3) not sure but “per diems” definitely aren’t enough in some places, but more than enough in others. I’m “up on the deal” every month ie I haven’t spent all of my per diems each month. I eat out and eat well.

4) We do get crew food but not every time. No dramas, my former life was a loco regional where we got nothing ever. I have no issue buying a nice poke bowl etc

5) never been asked to fly private. We have refused plenty of flights which are “on paper” legal, but we have made a decision that it’s not sensible. I’ve NEVER had kick back for refusing a duty. I definitely DID in my former loco.

6) not experienced that.

7) not my experience.

8) I have no issue sleeping in the crew rest area. It’s quite short but that’s a design feature of Bombardier. It’s approved by EASA and FAA. So can’t pin that on VJ. I can have it flat if I want it. Sometimes I don’t. Augmented flights are hard on the body for sure. But the rest area is adequate.

9) correct about business class. This is all explained at interview though. Sometimes we get it sometimes we don’t.

10) Not true for the TRI’s I know. I flew with one a few months ago and he did a few days flying and then went to the sim to teach. So not on his days off. Maybe true for some though.

11) 17/13 fully explained at interview. Including sim on your days off. So think carefully.

For me it works brilliantly. My previous loco was far more disruptive and interfered far more with family life.

13) They do need receipts done correctly. Plenty of time to sort it on your days ON. I have NEVER been contacted on my days off. That part is brilliant.

14) You can certainly earn more elsewhere.

I personally thoroughly enjoy VJ. Lots of crew have been here a long time. We have great training, a sound SMS and we have a lot of fun and laughs down route.

Hard work? Oh yes.
Better jobs around? For sure
Worse jobs around? For sure

2 days before I start again I get quite excited and am really looking forward to it. That says a lot I think. I’ve never looked forward to flying as much as I do with this job. Day 15 though and I’m ready to go home. I get home and it’s great, work phone goes off and I completely switch off.