PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raf Iot
Thread: Raf Iot
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2004, 23:03
JTIDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went through in 2000/2001. Apparently the physical side has got a bit harded since then, but as it was at a very low level to start off with I can't see that being much of a challenge for someone from the army. We also had all but two weekends off (including Basic Phase remarkably!)

The academic phase isn't very. Defence writing seems to be all about the width of margins rather than actually being able to put a sentence together and is very much monkey see, monkey do. As for the Air Power exams I'd ignore the reading list given (unless things have changed a lot) as though all the infomation is in the books listed, they seem to want you to reproduce things exactly the way they teach them. ( the cheat sheets, or black list if its still being passed round which they say not to use is actually very good.) One way to get ahead of the game though is write the Bandar Essay in advance. (2000 words on a defence subject, don't worry about defence writing for this as the typing pool will type it up for you once you get there.)

The only bit with forced marches as such would have been Field Leadership Camp, but sadly we had this cancelled due to foot and mouth, and thus I was forced to take a hellish weeks leave