PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Why LDG FLAP 3 Off for parking checklist?
Old 19th Aug 2023, 06:28
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dmxxx
So did a A320 SIM session the other day with an instructor. He made me do this several times as part of parking checklist and I cannot find out why or this item appearing on any other SOP checklists..

​​​​​Left hand overhead panel, under GPWS switches , always set LDG FLAP 3 Off! Why ? Makes little sense to me ? Spurious warnings ? Parking ?

Any ideas ?
Hi,

the GPWS LDG FLAP 3 used to be put back to OFF (light out) position in the after landing scan flow. Actually throughout the years this changed a couple of times from parking flow to after landing flow. Airbus removed this action in the after landing in one of the latest revisions of the FCOM to continue the standardisation across different types; the bigger brothers do not have this switch when Landing Flaps 3 and the selection on the FMGEC is good enough.
You will most likely see pilots that have been flying the A320 for some time still doing it as they might be unaware of the changes.