PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets fly for Vistajet?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2023, 13:20
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ATOguy
I have no time for VJ as an employer, they are in the same category as Ryanair and I would never consider working for them. But you don’t do your argument any favours by coming out with nonsense like this.
You are not training and travelling on your days off. Those are work days as per your contract, and if you add up the number of days you work in a year on this arrangement it is less than the number worked by someone with a full time job. Which makes it hard for people with a full time job to sympathise.
I'm not so sure about that. A regular worker with a five day work week works 260 days minus 30 days vacation depending on country minus public holidays. That results in about 220 days at work. I understand at Vista one works about 12 times 17 days plus training and no additional vacation. Is that correct? If so then I estimate about the same as the 220 days mentioned above. Maybe a few days less. But at Vista you are away from friends, family and regular activities for 17 days every time you go to work. I find it very easy to sympathize. In fact I'm shocked they get enough people to sign up for this. And it doesn't even pay well. Certainly not compared to NetJets or a good airline