PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chas Sheriff's 407 Mishap
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2023, 11:47
60FltMech

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts
I suppose the original poster thought the better of his post(hopefully) or the moderators took it down(thankfully), but I saw it and feel the sentiment he expressed needs addressed.

The gist of the now deleted post was “from my experience, some country bumpkin mechanic was probably responsible for this accident in this backwater airport”

I grant that the original poster may have a strongly held opinion based on experience that informs his opinion of the southern United States. However, as we should all know by now, Human Factors accidents know no geographical, cultural, political etc boundaries. Humans are humans everywhere, and as long as we are in the chain, we can mess up, no matter how sophisticated we may think we are.

As humans we all fall victim to our own feelings of superiority, I know I surely was when I composed what I was originally going to say regarding that now deleted post!

But that stuff doesn’t do anybody any good. The facts are, somebody(possibly more than one) made a great big mistake that will possibly cost them their job and that nearly cost somebody their life, regardless of how well/poorly they did their job up til this point.

The only thing I know about this incident, as a mechanic who also flies as a crewmember: I don’t ever want to feel what either one of those individuals is feeling right now.

And I don’t ever want to be so arrogant that I believe that it can’t happen to me.

FltMech
The following 12 users liked this post by 60FltMech: