PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS 122
Thread: MAS 122
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2023, 02:07
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
Except for the people in the same room as the one making the threat. The people in that room are his bargaining chip. He's not going to let them leave. Witness other hostage negotiations, because that's what this effectively is.
Sure, that can sometimes be the case, though the baddy usually flashes a weapon or shows a bomb (sometimes later found to be fake). In that situation one can understand everyone treading softly, softly.
But this guy showed no weapons and not much aggression unless you count finger-wagging as threatening. At one stage he is head down bum up praying. Not exactly the way a serious terrorist acting alone would risk being overpowered.
I am surprised that no one jumped on him at that point. Are cabin crew no longer trained in basic restraint methods, or allowed to use restraint ties? Was there not one passenger in the crowd prepared to belt him when he got in their face?
Have we really become that passive? Reminds me of my chooks.
However, all may not be as it seems in the videos seen to date. I guess we will have to wait for more details of how it went down.
The following users liked this post: