PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS 122
Thread: MAS 122
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2023, 09:52
jj232

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ACMS
sorry but I call bs…what weather on final? You mean a little cloud and a shower or two!! Common man it wasn’t even remotely close to LVP……

so aircraft can’t safely and quickly cross 25 between departures? Really? Maybe go to KSFO or KLAX for a reality check.

there were 2 nice black asphalt surfaces built for purpose and available for Aircraft to use………..USE THEM.

Australia happily allow multiple Jets into places like Harvey Bay uncontrolled mixing it with GA and you think this was too dangerous!!!

the reference to weather ACMS is that a radar standard was required to be maintained between a departure and a missed approach as the tower couldn’t visually seperate, I wasn’t implying it was atrocious.

As for the comparison to KSFO and KLAX I am pretty certain those towers wouldn’t have rated half their tower staff since COVID, some straight out of the college.

When you say Australia is happy to let jets mix it up with GA in places like Harvey Bay I can assure you the air traffic controllers are anything but happy, if they had any say in the running of ASA you wouldn’t see another TIBA ever again, unfortunately their opinions are constantly ignored and in some cases they are even made out to be the problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by jj232: