PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS 122
Thread: MAS 122
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2023, 08:35
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jj232
Don’t hold your breath for that DROPS, The relocation project is currently flatlining and appears to be heading down the road of another ASA failed project.

As for 16L for arrivals only, with weather on final on many heavies in the mix I doubt a higher arrival rate could of been achieved, maybe 2 or 3 max. All these aircraft would then have to cross an active runway to get to the terminals as well as dealing with all the departures waiting to go off 25. 16L arrivals 25 Departures isn’t a mode ever used also, I think in the interest of safety what occurred was the safest given the situation.
sorry but I call bs…what weather on final? You mean a little cloud and a shower or two!! Common man it wasn’t even remotely close to LVP……

so aircraft can’t safely and quickly cross 25 between departures? Really? Maybe go to KSFO or KLAX for a reality check.

there were 2 nice black asphalt surfaces built for purpose and available for Aircraft to use………..USE THEM.

Australia happily allow multiple Jets into places like Harvey Bay uncontrolled mixing it with GA and you think this was too dangerous!!!