PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heston Airlines
Thread: Heston Airlines
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2023, 06:13
giord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Madp1lot

Now. It IS an ACMI. There is no such thing as an employment contract, just like in ANY OTHER ACMI out there. Reason has to do with Industry risk. ACMIs take the other airlines risks away, and they can't take that risk themselves. Taxes are up to each individual and all pay is legal from the company side. If a specific person doesn't pay their taxes, that's their own responsibility, as it should be. All tax related information is provided by the company and the broker.
Despite this, the company does make an effort to treat crews with respect and decency, and we are treated as employees, not contractors.
My bold quote.

Guys you should try to understand that a pilot is an employee not a business partner. Period. A pilot must have a direct employment contract and be paid as an employee so with tax retention at the source. Anything else is a business-to-business relationship which does not apply to pilots. If ACMI take risks by working for other airlines why should their “employees” get the downsides? If you pay a Cpt 10K come on we all know this fella won’t slash this salary into half to abide by the European taxation rules and will find “ideas”. Start paying 16-18-20K at least so people don’t have to worry about the tax man. All the people I know working at ACMIs own NOTHING; Cars, houses, etc.. all under the name of spouse, brothers, etc.. I won’t talk about where the Bank accounts are opened.