PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific imploding.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2023, 01:58
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No. still not the old Piet. Not a matching comparison at all, since as opposed to Reg I am not backpaddling. From the beginning I am saying no shortage in EU and Asia, same as in this moment. You did not read my posts properly, it's very obvious. Additionally, admittingly without any personal knowlege of the local Canadian market, only last year laid off based Canadian pilots relocated back to HK, I spoke with a couple of them, both experienced Cpts. They told me exactly the same: no suitable job offers in Canada that come even close to what CX is paying them, so they rather chose to endure quarantine and brutal restrictions and relocated to HK, in the midst of Covid. This is a true story, in total dozens returned. Go figure.

PS Instead of having a constant go at me, why not spend 5 minutes to research the job market in EU and Asia? I am not the enemy here, just get a reality check please. Remember Long Tail and Air Belgium, both r.i.p.? Do you even know the take home pay at ASL or Cityjet etc?

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 4th Aug 2023 at 02:57.