PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific imploding.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2023, 01:02
cxflog

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by a334
I read pprune and generally don't comment, but mate, what world are you living in? I'm in Canada, and there's a full blown shortage everywhere... Air Canada has been hiring at an unprecedented rate, and they will continue to do so for at least the next 12 months...Upgrade times right now are sitting around 2 to 3 years on all narrowbody fleets at AC, and all the major Canadian carriers have been hiring in droves. The situation is the same in the US, both at the majors and the regionals, and, in other parts of the world also
Yeah but what you need to understand is that those shortages are limited to NA and a little bit in Aus. The EU has absolutely no issue at the moment plugging someone in the right seat of a 320/737. CX also has no issue with hiring crew, there’s still plenty of the 100+ who were let go in 2020 waiting to return, and many others with previous jet time lining up to jump in a widebody. AirNZ can still be picky with its applicants because there is simply no where else for NZ pilots to fly. I’m not always a fan of the tune STW sings but he’s not wrong in that regard.