PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2023, 16:12
eagerbeaver1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NAT Zulu
...to be brutally honest, I don't think the Virgin management have opened this avenue up for EU pilots in order to improve terms and conditions at Virgin in the future! Lets not politik this situation when there is no need!

The fact is, in my very humble opinion, that VAA is very definately not the employer of choice that it once was. It can't attract UK pilots because of this, and is so forced to look elsewhere. It really is as simple as that.

I feel fairly qualified to state the above as a long serving ex-VAA Captain who was unceremoniously made redundant out of seniority during their "shake up" of terms and conditions to retrograde permanent new ones that are quoted above in this thread. There are a significant number of us (most with decades of service dutifully done to get that LH command at the "best gig in UK") that are taking them to court for all sorts of unsavoury discriminative reasons. The six week hearing starts in February.

Even their "star" instagram sensation TRE is off to the High Court shortly to allegedly face accusations of some pretty nasty career-ending defamations made to bosses of colleagues.

They made their bed with a very oportunistic response to Covid that was also very much an outlier compared to other airlines at the time.

....it is certainly worth thinking if you want to lie in that particular bed?

As for working out your time to command etc - well, just factor in that it counts for NOTHING at Virgin when the axe falls. Our stories are true testament to that.

how come you didn’t return to VAA? Surely everyone got their jobs back?