PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 1st Aug 2023, 21:59
gordonfvckingramsay

Received 730 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
Sky News just had a debate on this one. Commentator said something along the lines of questioning people’s competence which is unfair. Remove the quota hiring campaign and you wouldn’t have that unfair problem. As a female Captain said to me only recently ‘the company has caused this mess’.
They have indeed caused it. Of the women I’ve flown with, most are there by pure hard work and almost all of them despise the way in which airlines have used their “plight” as females in a male dominated world for a points scoring exercise. Quotas denigrate those who succeed because it makes their hard work and dedication to the job virtually invisible.

It reminds me of a trip some months back where a man of indigenous extraction (if I am allowed to say that) I happened to be sitting next to while paxing, turned to me during the welcome to country PA and said “do they really think we give a sh!t!?”. Sorry if that opens up another controversial can of worms here but could these managers have gotten it any more wrong with their woke facade?

Respect isn’t about sucking up to someone, it’s about removing barriers to their success and acknowledging them for what they are capable of, and then getting out of their way.

This article has obviously cherry picked the most offensive comments to sell a few papers.
The following 7 users liked this post by gordonfvckingramsay: