PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MRH-90 crash Australia
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2023, 03:22
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
The 'YOU' in this instance was the 'rumour maker' which I passed on. At that time I could not know the names hence experience but trusted the 'rumour maker' who may have been referring to the accident conditions as I have outlined above. But hey criticise me all you want but don't lose sight of this fatal accident with potential causes such as SD that give any aircrew pause for thought. For example from the great GOOGLE: https://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/pi...d_visillus.pdf "Any differences or discrepancies between visual, vestibular, and proprioceptive sensory inputs result in a “sensory mismatch” that can produce illusions and lead to spatial disorientation.... [just one example] False Visual Reference Illusions may cause you to orient your aircraft in relation to a false horizon; these illusions are caused by flying over a banked cloud, night flying over featureless terrain with ground lights that are indistinguishable from a dark sky with stars, or night flying over a featureless terrain [water] with a ... dark, starless sky...."

For more and there is plenty GOOGLE: "Helicopter" Spatial Disorientation at night Low over Water