PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2023, 13:58
Global Aviator

Received 133 Likes on 65 Posts
Interesting post Ferrari, are you sure the ground staff in Manila for the national airline are outsourced?

You reference money and conditions are really important. Do you know what crew at Philippine airlines get paid? Terms and conditions and morale?

Not having a personal dig at you in anyway but you come across a little condescending. Not many airlines in the world that I’ve flown be it staff travel when I was crew or normal SLF do upgrades these days. I remember once asking on UA and they gave me PE and a row but no chance getting that last empty J! Now QF, if you are an interline passenger you think any chance? Hard enough I hear as staff travel.

I do agree that we should look after each other but do check facts first. Yes as a Capt I’d always look after / say g’day to any paxing crew from any airline if I knew they were on board. Do you do this on your VA flights?

The only country I hear and have not witnessed that do it right for staff is the good ole US of A.

Well done on the upgrade, by the way have you looked at what a confirmed business class Philippine airlines fare costs? Maybe next time save yourself the angst and book a confirmed J!!!