PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid - Air @ Caboolture
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2023, 13:36
Capn Rex Havoc

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Rodney Rude (lives up to his name)
Rex Havoc. Here we have an accident at Caboolture which at this stage appears to have been the result of two aircraft using crossing runways at the same time. 2 people have lost their lives. And you say I am an idiot for failing a pilot who put his aircraft onto finals in direct opposition to another aircraft on finals to a crossing runway???? 2 aircraft on crossing runways and 2 are dead. I see, in my aircraft, one of my pilots put him and me in conflict with another aeroplane with very real possibility of collision. 2 have just died because of this scenario and I am supposedly an idiot for failing a pilot with no SA and zero airmanship. You're right I should ignore that. You really are dumber than you look
No need to say that I am dumber than I look,

I said it was a thread drift. The fact of the matter is, (one which you get so worked up about is) Your man in the cockpit was not doin something illegal. Yes it was not sound airmanship, which you could have debriefed him on. You would have made a typical trainer at EK proud. "I failed you Bloggs because you should have diverted to x in my opinion and not continued on to y". Pathetic.

The Caboolture accident has not been investigated yet. For many years, there have been many many many airports in Australia, which have crossing runways and operations with LAHSO type ops. Not illegal. YIFL is one such place. Crop dusters are taking off and landing on whatever runway they want all the time, and same with the meat bombers.

You don't have to remind me that 2 people have lost their lives, Dave was a good friend of mine. It was not the same scenario are you described in your "check" case, as both you and your "student" were on approach to land, Dave was taking off, and the Pawnee was landing, I believe. The thread drift case I was referring to, was that I don't believe your failing of the poor candidate that day was correct.

So my point still stands you sanctimonious pr..k.
The following users liked this post: