PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid - Air @ Caboolture
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2023, 12:21
Hoosten

Received 72 Likes on 23 Posts
HOOSTEN
Do you actually have a pilot licence? I can hear you yelling at the screen.
Mate, do you want the dick measuring contest? The licence and operational ratings I hold qualify me to comment, if you want the PM, just ask and I'll run them past you.

There is no such thing as an active runway at a non controlled field.
Isn't there now? You could probably ask any of the pilots that show any sort of airmanship at that aerodrome, yes, you're right, it's not the 'active' runway, it's the preferred runway. You know, the one into wind.

​​​​​​​You have suggested the Pawnee was using the "non active" runway and hence has caused conflict with the jab on "the active". What makes the Jab's runway "the active"? If it was quiet, no other aircraft flying, and the Pawnee was going up and down for hours accepting a crosswind on 06 for convenience - (totally legal and allowable) , was 06 "the active" and he was being within guidelines, or despite him being the only one there, is the more into wind runway "the active" and he was being negligent?
OK mate, I won't make the assumptions you make. How about you draw up on google maps a downwind for runways 06 and 11 and tell me if you think there's a problem when you hear a taxy call for runway 11. Also, project ahead a little and tell me if you think there may be a problem if that aircraft gets airborne while you're on final for 06?

​​​​​​​If we further that - if he was using 06 with a cross or even tailwind for 3 hours and then the Jab taxis out for just one takeoff on 29, is all of a sudden 29 now "the active" and now all of a sudden the Pawnee pilot is a clown and negligent, unprofessional? No, of course he is not. There is a preferred runway for you, but not an active.
I've already withdrawn my comment that may have inferred that an individual may have been targeted as a clown. I'll repeat myself, there are clownshows at multiple aerodromes around this country. Riddle me this one though, why would you operate with downwind for 3 hours? Clownshow much? Unprofessional yes. But that's not what this pilot did though so your runway 29 crap is moot.

I know who the tug pilot is. This person is clearly not a clown. The people who run these shows and perpetually use the excuse that 'the glider pilot has to pay the tug for every minute it's airborne' is the clownshow here because it causes the very problems that occur at every aerodrome. You may want to defend this sort of crap, but two people dead, that justifiable is it?

​​​​​​​Its called airmanship mate. If the error has occurred because of the scenario posted earlier, the hold short issue, then consider this. I failed a guy on a check because we were on finals to one runway and a student on finals to a crossing runway. The student said she would land and hold short. My guy continued. I told him to go round and failed him. He was p!ssed off because he said it was all sorted. I then pointed out that nshe is a student, and like any pilot could, what if she flares late, bounces her landing, bounce, bounce, bounce, suddenly she is halfway down the runway and no braking has occured. Whoops, couldn't hold short. She can NOT guarantee a hold short or not going round.
Maaaaate, how lucky is the pilot you failed? Thank you for your contribution to Australian air safety and your upholding of the airmanship mantra, clearly a lost artform.

​​​​​​​Accepting someone else at a non controlled field saying they will hold short could get you in huge grief. Just because the lightie driver says he will hold short means nothing. Play it safe and wait until he HAS held short. YOU must be the professional who recognises and seperates the conflict. Do not blindly trust well intentioned inexperienced pilots.
So what you're saying is it was DM's fault for not applying SIMOPS procedures to an OCTA aerodrome? There's a couple of big calls on your part maaaaaate, there are a couple of pilots that saw and heard what went on that day. And I doubt you're one of them.

DM would call me an acquaintance perhaps, went on a few (motor) bike rides with the fellow. He showed more airmanship on his left hand little finger, finger nail than you lot who are quite clearly prepared to accept two deaths as part of normal ops. Accept deaths to allow clownshows to do whatever they want, wherever they want.