PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid - Air @ Caboolture
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2023, 07:15
Duck Pilot

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by rodney rude
Rex Havoc. Here we have an accident at Caboolture which at this stage appears to have been the result of two aircraft using crossing runways at the same time. 2 people have lost their lives. And you say I am an idiot for failing a pilot who put his aircraft onto finals in direct opposition to another aircraft on finals to a crossing runway???? 2 aircraft on crossing runways and 2 are dead. I see, in my aircraft, one of my pilots put him and me in conflict with another aeroplane with very real possibility of collision. 2 have just died because of this scenario and I am supposedly an idiot for failing a pilot with no SA and zero airmanship. You're right I should ignore that. You really are dumber than you look
Totally agree with Rodney.

The candidate made a critical error that could have resulted in an accident on a flight test - fail! There is no if’s or buts end of story on a flight test.

Please don’t criticise Flight Examiners who make tough decisions to fail candidates, they are the last line of defence in an attempt to improve flight standards!

And we wonder why some freshly minted CPL holders front up for jobs interviews and get punted on a flight check with a Chief Pilot. I’ve seen some CPL holders who should never have been issued a PPL, let alone a CPL. Sadly there’s at least one of them who is now dead, he died in a plane crash.

They slip through the cracks.
The following users liked this post: