PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job prospects after modular ATPL (UK)? Loan or secure a job?
Old 26th Jul 2023, 12:56
alexeyAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FutureWannabe
All I can say is wow, didn't expect such high quality, in depth responses, thank you so much everyone.
Still have a few nagging questions though:

1) To put it simply why does integrated...exist? In a perfect world, you would think people would go for the cheapest and most flexible option leaving integrated courses deserted, but the opposite seems to be true. Is it just the whiff of a possible advantage when applying for jobs or is there something more I'm missing?

2) In terms of dual licensing, how would this work when undertaking a modular course, two sets of exams for each stage or some kind of different arrangement?

3) Somewhat related to the second question, how would working for an EU airline work when being based in the UK? Do the likes of RYR have their EI registered aircraft based at let's say STN for EASA licensed crew?

4) For the "downwards creditable" exams part rudestuff talked about, does that essentially mean you do the ATPL exams first and then that's a "get out of jail free card" for the CPL and IR ones?

p.s - I'm not sure if I'm doing the whole quote/reply thing correctly so if it turns into a complete mess, apologies.
Get used to the quality, much more honest here than what you'll find elsewhere on the internet
Regarding no. 2, Alex replied to me above with this:
The dual licence can be obtained for the extra cost of (i) an additional EASA Class 1 medical (ii) licence issue fees from your chosen EASA State and (iii) an additional set of ATPL exam fees. Overall I would guess about £1500 to £2000. It is possible to conduct the professional elements of your training at Modular ATOs who carry dual approval - one course two ticks - and also get your CPL and IR flight tests examined by dual qualified examiners - one test two ticks. Not all modular ATOs can arrange this, some have a surcharge to, for instance, fly to Ireland and take a test there, but it can be done.
​​​​​​​Hope this helps.