PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens if someone leaves without paying the bond from EK - QR?
Old 23rd Jul 2023, 11:48
BANANASBANANAS

Received 122 Likes on 62 Posts
It’s really quite simple.

As an expat, you are a ‘tolerated guest’ in another country. If you choose to work in Dubai or any other expat location for that matter, you must play by their rules or not go at all. You can’t willingly sign up for something and then abuse the contract for it being exactly what you signed up for. If you do insufficient due diligence, then that is down to you.

Either, come to your expat location to work, and make it work for you as much as you can, or don’t come at all. If you come, know what the rules are and play by them.

I have been an expat for 27 years now and that has been the consistent feedback from every expat I know that has made a success of expatriate life.

I worked for Emirates for 8 years and lived a fairly quiet life with my family, enjoyed most of my flying, and saved more money in 8 years than I probably would have in most of a full career in my home country.

If you are not sure that an expat lifestyle is for you and your family, then it isn’t.