PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Wigston survive the onslaught?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2023, 11:46
Chugalug2

Received 234 Likes on 72 Posts
FB :-
PS I didn't know Sir John Grandy was involved in the BOE, he'd have been long retired by 1994/5 and about 82.
He was 'involved' by the then CAS, Graydon, 'informing' him that two 'grossly negligent' pilots of the Mull chinook were 'miles off course'. Apart from anything else it shines a light into the workings of the Star Chamber. Grandy might have been old, he might have no longer been serving, but he was an MRAF and hence someone Graydon felt obliged to report too (falsely or otherwise). In short he was lied to like a cheap Changi watch and the lie made public. MRAFs have their uses...

Other have mentioned ACM Sir Michael Alcock, ex RAF Chief Engineer. Readers of David Hill's various books about the dire effects on UK Military Airworthiness due to VSO actions (and inactions) will be familiar with his name. Whether they be Engineers, Aircrew, or Administrators, VSOs are simply people, like the rest of us. It is by their actions that they should be judged. That holds true for both the present and past RAF leadership. There is nothing inherently good or bad about engineers any more than there is about aircrew.

Like LFH I would commend all David Hill's books. If you were never told much about airworthiness in training (I certainly wasn't!) his expertise and experience of the system will be an eye opener and reveal the cover up of deliberate VSO subversion of airworthiness that the Star Chamber has invoked since the mid 90s (the subversion being to plunder its heretofore ring fenced budgets for plugging up those wrecked by VSO incompetence). UK Military Airworthiness is still dysfunctional and compromises UK Air Power to this day.

Amazon Amazon
The following 3 users liked this post by Chugalug2: