PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job prospects after modular ATPL (UK)? Loan or secure a job?
Old 23rd Jul 2023, 10:37
Angle_of_Attack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=sudden twang;11472344]
Originally Posted by Angle_of_Attack

I just thought it was a bit pedantic. There has to be an age limit for obvious reasons.

I know of someone who was a year too young for Hamble and then a year too old for Prestwick.

BA did set up the Intermediary Entry Pilot scheme which catered for those caught out.

The point I was making was that there is now opportunity for many many more people than previously and I applaud that.

Keeping to the thread the prospects for getting a job as a pilot have improved significantly for all, zero experience, modular or white tail integrated.
I wasn't trying to be pedantic. If you look at the comments under the BA post on FB, you'll see quite a few people in their later years (one aged 72 even!) asking if they'd be eligible.. so I thought that the clarification would be important in case any of them were to come across this post.

I completely agree with you that it's fantastic the barrier for entry will be removed for people who would make great pilots but aren't financially able to achieve their licenses on their own!