PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens if someone leaves without paying the bond from EK - QR?
Old 21st Jul 2023, 13:50
Half Back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you decide to leave pay your bond. Save your money and leave yourself that escape fund. You will sleep better. Who knows if they will find and penalize your contract with interest. I get the whole bond thing but what frustrates me is how the contract is set up. A global express XRS/5000 type rating at flight safety costs 68,000USD plus 10,000 for additional expenses. That's 78,000. Why are pilots being bonded for 115,000USD? I'm not sure what the airline life is like but this is the bond rate in the Middle East on a bizjet. Also five years? Why five? Two years is fair. If pilots are forced to stay this will reflect in their happiness. Does management want negativity lingering in the cockpit?

Lastly, you need to ask yourself some tough questions about your relationship. By the sounds of it Pilots work a lot in the ME. Is it safe to assume you will be gone most of the time? You know your wife the best. Can she live a solo life in the Middle East? When someone is lonely the only thing to do is spend money on nice expensive stuff to find that short term happiness. If you're asking you already know your answer. She probably wont like it. After a year she will want home. Take less pay if that's your circumstances and stay home. Don't play poker with happiness as. You will loose.