PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens if someone leaves without paying the bond from EK - QR?
Old 21st Jul 2023, 09:28
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dingleberry Handpump
If you’re actually trying to compare crime levels with the west while keeping a straight face, then I don’t know what else there is to say.
I am, yes there is possibly more crime in the west however you nor anyone else will ever know the real crime rate in Dubai or the UAE as it's simply not reported. So it's all lovely figures.

I go back to the comment before about a lack of fraudsters. Dubai is a safe haven for them, the never ending Ponzi schemes that the government do nothing about until it makes international news, the known fraudsters with arrest warrants that the UAE refuse to extradite etc etc.

Or whilst I lived in DSO the constant petty thefts that were reported on the local FB group.

I'll take my example, physically assaulted by someone, went to hospital to get a piece of paper showing my injuries (mandatory) to then show the police. Went to the police station and sat there for three hours before I was seen. Presented them with the paper and the name and address of the person who assaulted me. Did the police do anything? Hell no, to quote his words why do you want to make a big deal of this?

This carried on for a month or so before I formally complained. CID showed up and took the chap in. I was then called into the police station and made to sit next to the person who assaulted me. We both gave our version of events. I was asked if I would like to press charges, I said yes. It was then I was told I would have to forgo my passport whilst they investigated. The timeline was unknown and if I lost I would have to potentially pay money to the person, never mind not being able to work for the entire time they were investigating. Nevermind the accused now knew my name, address and place of work....

Is it any wonder people don't report crimes......

But yeah Dubai is totally safe and nothing every happens there, but go on tell me with your extensive time in the ME how wrong I am Dingleberry

Last edited by Rhodes13; 21st Jul 2023 at 09:44.