PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware if you carry a Leatherman in QLD…
Old 17th Jul 2023, 11:11
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by aroa
Don’t read anything from the OP to wind up the Plod. Give some people a uniform and some power …and away they go.
I don’t see the need for the Plod to come the ‘Freeze MF’ routine.
He could have just asked if it was a watch, knife pouch and being so advised, make some civil comment about knives and the carrying of.
People rarely mention the part where they wind up the plod themselves or act like a plonker. Could be either way, the Officer could be power-tripping or OP could have decided to be a bit of a ******, perhaps both. From what I can see they've offered no reasonable reason why they were carrying the leatherman in the first place and the law is clear on carrying one and needing a purpose for it and their answers to the Officers' hypotheticals tell me that they were likely being pretty antagonistic and honestly from the way they talk about the incident it makes me feel pretty strongly that they were acting like a ****** from the get go. You're talking about a job where they often do get attacked during routine stops so they don't mess around and there are pretty good reasons you're not meant to just be carrying around a blade.