PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific imploding.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2023, 10:52
Angle_of_Attack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
They do not hire non-UK citizens for starters. Any experienced 40yr-ish candidate hired as F/O would be a F/O for life even if they would hire you, which they don't. The direct entry positions are at Cityflyer, exactly what I said, they are using sub-brands, with the same restrictions. You also need the license, the type rating and the hours. .

You just literally repeated the same unhelpful statement twice, with all due respect. And it is you who ignores facts. It would be a paycut in the region of 60-70% for a Cx captain, are you really not aware of that? Hard to believe.
What are you on about? All my comments have been in response to your comment regarding there "not being a global pilot shortage" and your question to show you demand in Europe.
Your personal eligibility has nothing to do with any of those questions or the responses.
BA is hiring Captains for Euroflyer, not Cityflyer and DEFO is for Heathrow (aka BA Mainline) and Euroflyer, not Cityflyer. Again, you're disregarding facts.

"To be considered for BA Euroflyer at the time of submitting online application – 500 hours or 100 sectors on an aircraft type that satisfies ZFTT*

To be considered for British Airways at the time of submitted online application – 500 hours or 100 sectors on the A320 or 1500 hours on an aircraft type that satisfies ZFTT and flown this type in the last 12 months*"

Plus, Joining BA means you have the ability to move within fleets. BA's cabin crew union have just negotiated a pay rise, I assume the same can be expected for flight crew if it hasn't happened yet.
However, there is much more that factors into quality of life than just the number that ends up in your bank account each month.