PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific imploding.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2023, 05:51
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cxflog et al., the US is a different market and closed for most of us. It's completely irrelevant to me and many more, Sorry, no offense, but I feel like a broken record, how many times do we have to go over this again and again?

Originally Posted by Gnadenburg
Not sure if you just like being some sort of contrarian but there’s not just a regional pilot shortage in the US. Demand is now untapped and expansion plans are being crippled at many carriers..
Which airlines would that be please? We all know that if you pay low enough you get a shortage of applicants, but can you name an airline in Asia or Europe (UK if you have the passport only) that offers decent salary, working hours and a reasonable promotion path? I would agree there are options if you are 30ish F/O and flexible. But the typical expat pilot in Cathay is older, has a command or is very close to it. A cadet or junior officer job at a "legacy carrier" is out of the question for most. . Not trying to be contrarian, this is my personal first hand experience of the current market. Lifestyle choices are all good and well, the offers I have seen more resemble financial suicide or volunteer admission into labor camps.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 16th Jul 2023 at 08:57.