PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2023, 00:13
gamma69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by farrari
The last VA EBA was a shocker, near 20 % pay cut along with other terrible conditions.
70% voted for it.Why , the company basically threatened and bullied Pilots into saying yes, pilots voted yes because of this , some because they believed in fairies that VA would bring a workable fair bidding system, others well just plain stupid and for some a pay rise. Not to mention the AFAP endorsement of it why, they wanted WB guys back ………
So here we had an opportunity to gain some pay back, VA really needs to operate this Japan sectors.
Do I need to say more.
And to his credit, even our No one pilot DG , said don’t put your hand up for it AND any call outs.
All this does is undermine the Pilot group. 10 hrs this weekend is not the answer.
I was made redundant from the WB group. For your comment about the AFAP wanting us back!!! It was in our EBA the one our group voted for, the WB folks...The narrow body guys voted the new agreement in...Not the returnees, I sense a little cyclical argument from you about the returnees, for one, how the whole group of Pilots in the WB/Regional/Tiger were treated from the union was shocking, I will never return the weak AFAP union again. Would you like a redundant clause early in your career, we all just cannot pack up and leave the country....
I agree with the Japan flying(should have been better handled by unions and pilots), but from noting who is flying those sectors are the ones with the biggest voices in the crew room to the flight deck about conditions EBA blah blah, are the ones flying the 8hour red eye home, have not seen a WB pilot yet do it.
Mate stand up and start picketing at Head office about the state of the conditions in person, what have you got to loose? 50years of experience should have taught you this medium here or in the flight deck isn't where you get results.
As for O/T and drafts, some of us lost our jobs, kids in school and all those life commitments(house etc) and not at end of careers with savings goals completed. Cost of living is out of control, we have to survive and work, not agreeing the current terms which I didn't vote in is great, but we all have had to make some sort of adjustment during our careers to fix the broken situations.

Lead the group mate, Im ready to fight for an agreement, we need a strong leader like you that has the guts to start an argument on PPRUNE about pilots.