PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour building - UK PPL holder in EASA-land?
Old 12th Jul 2023, 12:54
cacho22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your answer, and..first, I would never dare to laugh at you, nor to anyone else. I'm here to get advice and to learn.

I was just trying to understand what your situation was because I thought I was in a similar one.

I currently hold a PPL from the UK and when making my finances right, I'm afraid that I will never get to the 150 Hours to start my CPL UK training.

At a rate of £170 per hour in a C152 (fuel and other costs included) I will need around £25,500 to get those hours in the air, which at today's exchange rate is EUR30,000.

Therefore, I was thinking to make most of the hours in a cheaper place, like Poland. In this case there would be two possible escenarios:

a. I convert my UK PPL license into an EASA polish license. One "hour builder" provider from Poland told me that this costs EUR1000 and takes around 48 hours. (is it credible?)
b. I would need to fly an UK registered plane which should be maintained to UK CAA standars (Mechanics, anual, and so), so again I'm not sure how feasible, and cheap, is that in a country that is miles away from the UK.

Going back to your query, if you comply with b. then I might be very interested in what you have to offer

Thanks

p.s: check hour-building in Spain on google. (apparently I'm not allowed to post urls)