PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Jet
Thread: Air NZ Jet
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2023, 13:18
ruralaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
It's not that I think your points are wrong - I'm sure there are plenty of Pilots who love the RPPP, but I disagree with it being what's best for Airline, and in turn, all of it's Pilots. I view the RPPP as only being beneficial to small group of Senior Regional Pilots at others expense. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. If I knew then what I knew now my career would likely have been vastly different. To a new hire 20 year old, a guaranteed Air NZ Jet job in 10-12 years might sounds amazing, because they never knew they could do it in 4-6.
As the 20 year old, (19 finishing a CPL and MEIR), what's the best thing to do,try join the links asap and joining the 8 year queue or push your career elsewhere until ready to come back to the Jets as an external. Always wanted to do an OE of some sort in my 20's and go fly a jet somewhere else in the world and explore for a bit while I'm young, but the goal is to always come back to the Jets. Is the externals going to remain a viable pathway into Air NZ jet in the future or would I be better off to just start at the links and stay at Air NZ for my whole career.