PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AsA TIBA/TRA/OPR Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2023, 04:44
Advance

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by LapSap
Having sat across the other side of the AACC from him 25 years ago and recalling him being wet behind the ears and described by some as ‘dangerously ambitious’, I wouldn’t be surprised.
It is not cricket to play the man instead of the ball, well, cricket used to have rules!
Whilst I shall not argue with your characterisation, let us be kind and suggest he got himself in this pickle trying to save AsA money during Covid.
Lots of mistakes then from the Shark supporter on down.

Failure to provide airspace classifications that ensure separation of IFR aircraft in IMC from each other when they can not do it themselves.
Failure to operate a world's best practice ATS system.
Insufficient staff to provide the minimal service AsA has opted to provide, and minimal supervision as well.
Hugely complex NOTAMS issued at very short notice which many line pilots simply do not have the time to decipher and risk their jobs if they reject a flight.
The unfolding debacle with Airspace management (or lack of it) in the Sydney basin.
The dysfunctional safety structure of AsA vis a vis CASA and the Department. No functional safety oversight and enforcement, no political control or responsibility.
Decisions being taken by people without the qualifications and experience to analyse the safety impacts of those decisions.

If ever there were links in a safety chain or holes in James Reason's swiss cheese, they exist right now and unless somebody takes some truly serious action the outcome is inevitable.

. Fokker VH-UMF, Stinson VH-UHH, Viscount VH-TVC, Visccount VH-RMQ, Friendship VH-TFB, Seminole VH-JQF, Travelair VH-AEM

Please, can we fix all this without the help of a coroner's report?

URGENT ACTION IS WHAT IS NEEDED,

Now I shall take the advice of a very experienced aviator on here and get on with my life.

The following users liked this post: